Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pre-DCP Round 2

I absolutely can't wait to get out of Athens. I love being home with my family, but I'm so ready to be in Orlando again. Twelve days until my mom and I leave for Disney, and 13 until the rest of the family comes down. I am so freaking excited to be doing this whole process again. I think I am just as nervous as the first time I did it.

I found my roommates- five lovely girls that seem normal and funny. Let's hope it stays that way! I think we are planning to live in Patterson, although Chatham would be okay, too. I heard that non-international CPs could live in the Commons now. It is more expensive than the rest, but I'm pretty sure each apartment has a washer and dryer. So I really wouldn't mind that either. I loved Vista when I stayed there but I would much rather have a new experience and live somewhere else this time.

I have been thinking about what I want to do after this program. Here is my plan so far: Do this program, extend this program, apply for part-time or full-time, move to Orlando permanently, and work at Disney and take a couple of classes a semester to finish my degree. Sounds easy, right?

Most of my stuff is packed and still in my car, so that is good. But I still have to go to Auburn and get more stuff (like my toaster and blender), pack everything that is in my room, get professional clothes, get my car fixed (my battery is dead), and pack a separate bag for our Disney trip pre-check-in. I also have to chaperone Sloane's 14th birthday party. A lot to do in 12 days, but I am totally ready. 

Here's to hoping these 12 days fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment