Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Disney Interview

So I've been doing a lot of thinking. Like, A LOT. I finished my first college program in January 2012. It was the best, most awesome experience ever. I met so many new cool friends, a lot of them I still talk to frequently. I also got to work for an amazing company, and I made some bank. When you end something like that, you go into a depression. This type of depression is known as Post College Program Depression. I would say 99.9% of people who do the college program have that when they leave. And the worst part? It never goes away. You are constantly thinking about your friends and how much you miss them, and how you would do absolutely anything to get back down to Disney World. Therefore, I made a decision. I decided to apply for another college program. Hopefully, they will let me back in for Spring 2013.

This whole process has gone very fast. The last time I applied, in Spring 2011 for the fall, I remember it taking a while to get your emails and such. I applied yesterday, did my web interview like two hours later, and then set up my phone interview like an hour after that. Then I had my phone interview this morning. So a lot has happened in the past 24 hours. They said they will let me know in two weeks if I got accepted or not. I am not very good at waiting.

I just wanted to tell you about how my phone interview went and give a couple tips. First, it is okay to be nervous. I was nervous for my interview today even though I had done it before! Make sure you are in a quiet room, and have some things written down, like your past work experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. It is good to have these on hand to reference back to if you get stuck. My interview time was at 8:30am and I got the call at 8:34am from a blocked number. The lady was really nice so that made me less nervous. First she tells you what the interview will consist of, and then checks to make sure your information is correct. Here is a list of questions I was asked:

1. Why do you want to do another college program?
2. How do you feel about repetitive work?
3. How do you feel when someone interrupts you when you are really focused on a task?
4. What interests you in being a character assistant?
5. What do you notice about a hostess when she is seating you?
6. How do you feel about working indoors or outdoors?
7. How do you feel about talking in front of large groups?
8. Tell me about your past work experience.
9. Tell me about a time when you had to balance a lot of things at once.
10. Are you comfortable working a cash register?
11. What are your top two roles?
12. Would you be willing to do character auditions?
13. If you were in a one piece bathing suit, do you have any visible tattoos? (I said yes, so she asked me where it was, how big, and if I was wearing socks would it be covered)
14. Are you okay with the Disney Look guidelines?

Remember to smile, because it will make you sound happier. It is okay to say no to questions, like if they ask you if you are interested in a role that you don't want. My interview took all of 9 minutes, which is really short. At the end, they will ask you if you have any questions for them. If you have anything to ask, anything at all, please ask. They do not mind helping you- that is what they are there for.

My first interview, she asked if I would want to work in quick service food and beverage. I didn't really know what that was, so I asked her. That is the role I got put in, and I absolutely loved it. 

My first interview had some different questions:
1. How do you describe teamwork?
2. Have you ever worked a cash register?
3. What was the best thing about your past job?

I hope this can help anyone wanting to apply! Now I will just go play the waiting game and see if I get accepted. 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment